- December 29, 2017
- Comments: 0
A person with a flawless face and good manners makes the best first impression on others. He or she is likely to make new friends and be an eye-candy or a centre of attraction in the party. Unwanted hair on face, arm, legs or other parts of the body simply makes your face or the body looks less appealing that may weaken your confidence and sabotage your plans for success. You may be looking for methods to get rid of hair and find difficult to select the right one that may serve your purpose and help you say goodbye to unwanted hair.
Shaving, waxing and laser hair removal are some of the popular ways for removal of unwanted hair. Besides, some people use natural ways to remove body hair. One of the most popular ways to remove hair that is widely used in cosmetic clinics is laser hair removal. In this process, an intense beam of laser light is focused on the hair carrying part of the body. The laser beam destroys the hair follicle that inhibits hair growth in future.
People who have light skin and dark hair would be in a more advantageous position as they would find this as the most effective way to get rid of undesired hair. However, only one sitting or laser treatment may not prove effective for the permanent removal of unwanted hair. Hence, you would require more than one sitting for an extended hair-free period.
What makes this technique for hair removal more popular than the other are some of the benefits that this provides to people.
1. Target hair cells with precision
As the beam is intensely focused, it can be used to target only the selected dark, coarse hairs on the face or any part of the body, without damaging the surrounding skin. This can easily help a person get rid of unwanted hair for good from his or her face, arm, underarm, leg, bikini line or any other part of the body.
2. Saves time
Using the laser for hair removal takes few seconds to few minutes based on the space or area to be covered. A person who requires hair removal for the upper part of lips can expect to get the results within a minute while for the large part of the body like legs or back, it may take nearly an hour’s time.
3. Facilitates permanent loss of hair after three to seven sessions
People can expect to get the results in three to seven sessions of dermatological treatment. The results are quite predictable and when you get the procedure done by an experienced technician or a certified doctor then you are least likely to develop complications after treatment.
4. Much less painful than other methods
Getting laser hair removal done by experts is the most comfortable or least painful way to eliminate unwanted hair from the body. Other methods like threading, waxing, electrolysis and plucking are painful procedures and they do not deliver long-lasting results.
5. Enhances the beauty of the person
Being a safe, quick and non-irritating way to remove unwanted hair, laser hair removal provides smooth skin and helps people enhance their beauty or the visual appeal. Whether one requires removal of hair from the areas near eyes and mouth or arms and legs, one can get laser hair removal done by a licensed and experienced cosmetologist or dermatologist.
Precautions you need to take before and after laser hair removal treatment
Precautions before the treatment
1. Avoid tanning and exposure to sun for the area for at least four to six weeks
2. No bleaching, waxing, shaving the area for four to six weeks before the treatment
3. One should avoid shaving the area for one week before the treatment
4. Consumption of herbals or photosensitive drugs should be avoided 24 hours before the treatment.
Precautions after the treatment
1. In case of swelling on the treated area, you should apply a clear Aloe Vera gel or ice for two to four days.
2. You should not use cosmetics and creams over the treated area.
3. Escape from external heat caused due to heavy exercise or steam bathe as it may cause darkening of the skin of treated area.
4. Avoid sunbathe until three days of the treatment.
5. Always apply a quality UV-filtered sunscreen cream before you go out for a walk, office or any other purpose.