If you are not satisfied with shaving, waxing or tweezing to remove unwanted hair, laser hair removal treatment is worth considering an option. It has emerged as the most widely done cosmetic procedure in the United States.
How Effective is Laser Hair Removal?
If you are looking for a permanent solution for your unwanted hair, laser hair removal treatment turns out to be the best option. This involves a cosmetic laser attuned in accordance with your skin and hair type. The laser fires an intense beam in your hair follicles and kills at its root preventing, further hair growth. However, you need to consider an array of things before going for a treatment. Here are key factors which you need to keep in mind before, during and after the laser hair removal process.
• You cannot undergo laser hair removal treatment if you have a tan or if you are sunburned. The best time to start the treatment is the winter. For better assistance, consult your physician who holds expertise in laser hair removal in Manhattan.
• Skin problems like pigmentation, discoloration, and scarring can occur with some skin types. Therefore, it becomes imperative to allow your doctor to conduct a “patch” test first.
• The entire laser hair removal treatment can take 20 minutes to an hour depending upon the area.
• After first few sittings, you might not see much of a difference and often question how effective is laser hair removal? But the significant drop in unwanted follicles can be noticed after three-month mark and even more after that.
• Avoid perfumes, deodorants and even hot showers for 24 to 48 hours after treatment. It is advisable to take warm showers for the first week. Your physician expert in laser hair removal in Manhattan can advise you better about “do’s and don’ts” of the treatment.